Cat and I began by putting our heads together and figuring out the best way to plan and organise Clavis & Claustra’s SM content.
A rolling two-week social media content strategy
Working around Cat’s existing priorities, we arranged to have a fortnightly virtual or telephone call in which we’d brainstorm content ideas for the next two weeks.
To effectively plan C&C’s SM content strategy, we’d collate relevant data like:
- Launch dates for new products we could promote
- Birthdays of famous feminist icons
- Historical “on this day” anniversaries
- Relevant trending stories in the current zeitgeist
- Performance data for past posts
- Insight into Cat’s personal/professional life that might resonate with followers.
Using this data, Cat and I would create the SM content strategy for an upcoming two-week period.
Writing social media content for Clavis & Claustra
Once I had the plan in place in our trusty shared Google Sheet, I would begin writing content for 14+ days of SM activity.
Some posts required more research than others. All I needed for plugging a C&C witch inspired greeting card, for example, was a link to the item in the online store and a sassy caption.
However, some posts, like the historically inclined Herstorian series, needed a little more research.
Many an hour was lost to a Wikipedia hole, as you can imagine…